Hopkins ArtStreet is a select, juried public art display centered on charming, historic Mainstreet in Hopkins, MN (15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis). Artists working in all outdoor-tolerant media are invited to apply. Accepted artwork is displayed for approximately one year (May to May).
Call for Entries
Entry Deadline: February 28, 2021
You are invited to submit work for consideration for the eighth annual Hopkins ArtStreet exhibit. Selected artwork will be displayed for approximately one year (May to May). CALL FOR ENTRY APPLICATION
Images - 3
Total Media - 3
$20 for first entry. $5 for each additional (must use discount code "addwork" at checkout. Using discount code on first entry will result in disqualification.)
The goal of the ongoing ArtStreet project is to build a collection of permanent and rotating works that over time will come to celebrate the diverse community and vitality of Hopkins through showcasing original artworks in an accessible setting. A collaboration among the City of Hopkins, the Hopkins Business and Civic Association, and the Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts, this project is part of a long-term vision for incorporating public art into Hopkins and enriching the lives of its residents and visitors.
This exhibition is open to established and emerging artists, working in all media that can withstand outdoor public display. Each artist may submit up to three original artworks for consideration. Selected artists will receive a stipend of $1,000 to offset the cost of transportation of their artwork and any other incurred travel / hotel expenses. Artists must be present at the installation of their work.
Criteria for Artwork
The jurors’ goal is to achieve a diverse selection of artwork that is of high quality in both concept and construction and is appropriate for display in a public, outdoor environment.
The specific requirements and objectives are:
- All entries must be original works by the submitting artist.
- Artworks must be durable enough to withstand the elements in a year-long show with minimal maintenance, and be at least 18 inches tall.
- Works must pose no hazard to patrons, including the sight impaired, physically disabled or children.
- Works must be appropriate for a family audience.
- Works must be insured by the artist.
- Selected works must be ready for installation. Selected artists will receive more information.
Sites in the exhibition area include concrete slabs, pedestals and a brick wall. We are open to alternate methods of display. Email Jim Clark if you would like to discuss further.
Larger works (greater than 4 feet in one dimension) are encouraged, as are artworks that are interactive, reflective, kinetic or otherwise engage the curiosity and imagination of viewers.
One artwork per entry. Artists must submit 3 images of a single work per entry. For sculptors this allows different views in space. Artists with 2D artwork must submit detail images.
$20 for the first entry. $5 for each additional entry (must use the coupon code "addapp" for additional entries when checking out). Up to 5 entries per artist. Entrants using discount code on first entry will be disqualified.
Awards / Benefits
Participating artists receive excellent exposure, as the loaned artworks are placed in high-traffic areas and promotional efforts are ongoing.
The following is a list of awards or benefits for participating artists:
- Judges’ Award: $1,000
- People’s Choice Award: $300
- Children’s Choice Award: $300
- Purchase Award: Jurors may recommend one piece to be purchased for the ArtStreet permanent collection
- All pieces will be actively marketed for sale. ArtStreet retains a 30% commission on sold pieces.
- Participating artist receive excellent exposure, as the loaned artworks are placed in high-traffic areas and promotional efforts are ongoing.