Hopkins Center for the Arts presents Photography Workshops in partnership with MPLS Photo Center.
Teen Photography Workshop/Morning
9am - 12:30pm, Tuesday, July 5 - Friday, July 8, 2022
Summer Photography Workshop is for teens that love art, photography and digital cameras. Participants will learn digital camera basics to allow and encourage their creativity through photographic expression. Previous photography experience not required, just enthusiasm for learning, fun and making photos.
Goals: During this 4-day, morning photography workshop we will learn to control camera functions and improve how we capture photos in a fun, hands-on way. We will also learn how Lightroom Software can assist us to manage our pictures and make our photos even better. We will each produce a final print for Self Portraits, Painting with Light, and Landscapes.
Campers will learn:
- Composition techniques for making better photos
- The art of "Seeing" angles and light
- How to adjust the camera to capture your creative ideas
- Lightroom Software editing techniques
- Digital Printing
- Day 1: Get to know your camera. Indoor portraits in the studio
- Day 2: See the light. Become a studio photographer
- Day 3: Landscapes and Nature
- Day 4: Edit and Print for your Photography Exhibit
Presentations will be accompanies by handouts for post-class study. Participants will have hands-on photography or editing time every day. We will end the week with a photo exhibit of each campers work for friends and family.
- Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR), Mirrorless, or Compact Digital camera. (The camera needs to have Shutter Preferred, Aperture Preferred, or Manual settings)
- Camera Operators Manual
- Charged batteries and Battery Charger
To Register: Teen Photography Workshop