Arts North International (formerly Arts in Harmony)
In its 25th year, this internationational juried exhibition showcases the work of thirteen different classes of media by artists from the United States and abroad. Prize money will be distributed to more than 50 awards.
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Call Type: Exhibitions
- Eligibility: International
- State: Minnesota
- Entry Deadline: 11/12/19
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED AT: CALL FOR ENTRY
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 10
Entry Fee (25th Arts North International (formerly Arts in Harmony)): $35.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum):$5.00
The Main Show will be at Hopkins Center for the Arts. There is a loading area located directly in front of the Hopkins Center for the Arts that is available for in-person drop-off and pick-up. Free parking is also available at the parking ramp located at the corner of Mainstreet and 11th Avenue diagonally across from HCA.
A Traveling Exhibition of select works will be hosted by the American Swedish Institute, 2600 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55407, www.ASImn.org.
Please make any checks payable to the Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts and write Arts North 2020 and the purpose of the check on the memo line.
Correspondence and checks should be sent to
Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts
Hopkins, MN 55343
Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, tax exempt organization.
Media: Acrylic, ceramic, drawing, fiber, glass, mixed media, oil, pastel, print, photograph, sequential art, sculpture, and watercolor/watermedia artworks.
ELIGIBILITY Open to all living artists. Entries must be ORIGINAL work not exhibited in previous Arts North/Arts in Harmony shows. Copies, class work, or fragile work will not be considered. Work requiring more than normal careful handling is not eligible. The Hopkins Center for the Arts reserves the right to determine acceptability.
Entry Fees (Application Fees): Two images for $35 and additional images for $5 each may be submitted. A total of up to 10 images may be submitted. A maximum of three artworks may be selected for the exhibition.
- Make sure that your email address is accurate. Later Arts North communications will use this email address.
- Digital images must comply with standard CaFE (CallForEntry.org) specifications.
- Maximum width of the horizontal dimension is 45 inches (this dimension runs from one outer edge of the frame to the opposite outer edge of the frame). Up to 2 works with outer edge of the frame to the opposite outer edge of the frame dimensions of 60 inches may be accepted if juried into the show.
- Free-standing sculpture must fit through a standard door space and be light enough such that a manual dolly can handle the work. All hanging work must be properly framed (gallery wrap - no staples showing on the edges is also acceptable) and have a hanging wire. No sawtooth or photo hangers. Drawings, prints, photographs, watercolors, and batik not under glass or plexiglass must be completely fixed to a backing board. Shippers, please note that glass is both heavy and potentially subject to breakage in transit. Plexiglass is a good substitute for glass.
- Accepted entries must remain on exhibit for the duration of the Main Show or the Traveling Show if accepted. You will be asked as part of the registration process if you wish to have your work considered for inclusion in potential Travelling Shows.
- All accepted work must have the name of the artist and the title of the work placed on the back, preferably on the upper left hand corner, or on the bottom or the back of sculptures.
SALES Any accepted work that the artist chooses to list for sale will be sold, as displayed, through the Hopkins Center for the Arts. HCA will collect sales tax and retain a 30% sales commission. NOTE: Sales price includes frame, please price work accordingly.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES
- Main Exhibition Location and Dates: Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343. Thursday, January 9 – Sunday, February 15, 2020.
- Traveling Show Location and Dates: American Swedish Institute, 2600 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, 55407, Friday, February 21 – Sunday, March 23, 2020.
- Application Dates: www.CallForEntry.org: Title: 25th Arts North International 2020 Annual Juried Exhibition -- Wednesday, August 27 – Tuesday, November 12, 2019, at 11:59:59 pm Mountain Time.
- Notification of Acceptance: Tuesday, December 2, 2019.
Early in-person drop-off: ($25 per artist) is available by appointment beginning December 23 through Thursday, January 2, 2020. Drop-off will be at the Hopkins Center for the Arts, contact Jim Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
Free in-person drop-off of accepted artwork: Friday, January 3, 2020, 4:00 – 7:00 pm and Saturday, January 4, 2020, noon – 5:00 pm, at the Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343.
Fee for shipped artwork (unpacking/repacking fee): ($20 per box). Last receipt date is Thursday, January 2, 2020. Shipped packages must also include prepaid return shipping label(s). Artworks should be shipped to:
Hopkins Center for the Arts
Hopkins MN, 55343
Reception: Saturday, January 11, 2020, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Hopkins Center for the Arts.
In-person return of artwork from the main show: Hopkins Center for the Arts, Sunday, February 16, 5:00 – 7:00 pm and Monday, February 17, 2019, noon – 8:00 pm. This is for art that is not traveling to the American Swedish Institute.
Return of shipped work from the main exhibition: Begins Tuesday, February 18, 2020. If some shipped artwork from the Main Show is included in the Traveling Shows, unsold work(s) will be shipped back at the conclusion of the Traveling Show, starting Monday, March 30, 2020.
JURYING $10,000 in awards are available. Awards are subject to the discretion of the juror(s). All jury decisions are final. Private Awards will be selected by the sponsors.