Arts North International 27
In its 27th year, this international juried exhibition showcases the work of thirteen different classes of media by artists from the United States and abroad. Prize money will be distributed to more than 50 awards.
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Call Type: Exhibitions
- Eligibility: International
- State: Minnesota
- Entry Deadline: 11/14/21
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED AT: CALL FOR ENTRY
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 11
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 11
Please make any checks payable to the Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts and write Arts North 27 and the purpose of the check on the memo line.
Correspondence and checks should be sent to
Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts
Hopkins, MN 55343
Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, tax exempt organization.
Media: Acrylic, ceramic, drawing, fiber, glass, mixed media, oil, pastel, print, photograph, sequential art, sculpture, and watercolor/watermedia artworks.
Entry Fees (Application Fees): Two images for $35 and additional images for $5 each may be submitted. A total of up to 11 images may be submitted. A maximum of three artworks may be selected for the exhibition.
- Make sure that your email address is accurate. Later Arts North communications will use this email address.
- Digital images must comply with standard CaFE (CallForEntry.org) specifications.
- Maximum width of the horizontal dimension is 60 inches (this dimension runs from one outer edge of the frame to the opposite outer edge of the frame).
- Free-standing sculpture must fit through a standard door space and be light enough such that a manual dolly can handle the work. All hanging work must be properly framed (gallery wrap - no staples showing on the edges is also acceptable) and have a hanging wire. No sawtooth or photo hangers. Drawings, prints, photographs, watercolors, and batik not under glass or plexiglass must be completely fixed to a backing board. Shippers, please note that glass is both heavy and potentially subject to breakage in transit. Plexiglass is a good substitute for glass.
- Accepted entries must remain on exhibit for the duration of the exhibition if accepted.
- All accepted work must have the name of the artist and the title of the work placed on the back, preferably on the upper left hand corner, or on the bottom or the back of sculptures.
SALES Any accepted work that the artist chooses to list for sale will be sold, as displayed, through the Hopkins Center for the Arts. HCA will collect sales tax and retain a 30% sales commission. NOTE: Sales price includes frame, please price work accordingly.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES
- Exhibition Location and Dates: Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343, Saturday, January 8 – Saturday, February 12, 2022.
- Application Dates: www.CallForEntry.org: Title: 27th Arts North International 2022 Annual Juried Exhibition -- Sunday, August 29 – Sunday, November 14, 2021, at 11:59:59 pm Mountain Time.
- Notification of Acceptance: Tuesday, December 7, 2021.
Early in-person drop-off: ($25 per artist) is available by appointment beginning December 20 through Tuesday, December 28, 2021. Drop-off will be at the Hopkins Center for the Arts, contact Jim Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
Free in-person drop-off of accepted artwork: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, noon – 7:00 pm and Thursday, December 30, 2021, noon – 7:00 pm, at the Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343
Fee for shipped artwork (unpacking/repacking fee): ($20 per box). Last receipt date is Thursday, December 30, 2021. Shipped packages must also include prepaid return shipping label(s). Artworks should be shipped to:
Hopkins Center for the Arts
Hopkins MN, 55343
Reception: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Hopkins Center for the Arts.
In-person return of artwork: Hopkins Center for the Arts, Sunday, February 13, 3:00 – 7:00 pm
Return of shipped work from the main exhibition: Begins Tuesday, February 15, 2022.
JURY & AWARDS $10,000 in awards are available. Awards are subject to the discretion of the juror(s). All jury decisions are final. Additional Special Awards will be selected by the sponsors.
ELIGIBILITY Open to all living artists. Entries must be ORIGINAL work not exhibited in previous Arts North/Arts in Harmony shows. Copies, class work, or fragile work will not be considered. Work requiring more than normal careful handling is not eligible. The Hopkins Center for the Arts reserves the right to determine acceptability.